If your MacBook’s battery charge is dropping faster than you think is reasonable, it’s time to look for the culprit. Click the Battery icon in the menu bar and wait a few seconds for the Battery menu to display power information, including which apps are using significant energy. Obviously, you can’t quit apps you’re using, and you can’t control some items that may appear here, like Spotlight, but if an app like Photos is sucking power in the background, quit it until you can plug in again.
- Apple Radically Improved Multitasking in iPadOS 15. Here’s How to Use It
- Apple’s 2021 Crop: Four iPhones, Two iPads, and an Apple Watch
- Need to Share Files Securely? Try Password-Protected ZIP Archives
- How to Take the Annoyance Out of Your Key Passwords and Passcodes
- Reduce Your Email Load with Three Features in Apple’s Mail: Mute, Block, and Unsubscribe