If your MacBook’s battery charge is dropping faster than you think is reasonable, it’s time to look for the culprit. Click the Battery icon in the menu bar and wait a few seconds for the Battery menu to display power information, including which apps are using significant energy. Obviously, you can’t quit apps you’re using, and you can’t control some items that may appear here, like Spotlight, but if an app like Photos is sucking power in the background, quit it until you can plug in again.
- Open the Mac’s Control Center with This Obscure Keyboard Shortcut
- In Your Face App Guarantees That You Notice Appointment Alerts
- The “Hey” Part of “Hey Siri” Is Now Optional
- watchOS 10.1 Brings Double Tap to the Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra 2
- Use iOS 17’s Check In Feature to Reduce Worry