Did you know that many keys on the small iPhone keyboard are hiding additional characters? To type an O with an umlaut, for instance, press and hold the O key, and a popover appears with accented variants of O. Without lifting your finger, slide it over the Ö and then pick it up to insert that character. This trick is also useful for getting different dashes (under the Hyphen), different currency symbols (under the $), curly quotes, and more. The most interesting one? When the Period key appears on the main keyboard screen, as it does in Safari or Mail when entering a URL or email address, press and hold on the Period, and you can quickly select from .us, .edu, .net., .org, or .com to finish the address you’re typing.
- In iOS 15, You Can Now Open an App from the Lock Screen
- iOS 15 Allows Rearranging and Deletion of Home Screen Pages
- Looking for a New Email Provider? Try These Services
- How to Stop Forgetting Your Apple Gear with “Notify When Left Behind”
- Print Mailing Labels for Your Holiday Cards with Apple’s Contacts App