Did you know that many keys on the small iPhone keyboard are hiding additional characters? To type an O with an umlaut, for instance, press and hold the O key, and a popover appears with accented variants of O. Without lifting your finger, slide it over the Ö and then pick it up to insert that character. This trick is also useful for getting different dashes (under the Hyphen), different currency symbols (under the $), curly quotes, and more. The most interesting one? When the Period key appears on the main keyboard screen, as it does in Safari or Mail when entering a URL or email address, press and hold on the Period, and you can quickly select from .us, .edu, .net., .org, or .com to finish the address you’re typing.
- How a single Siri command may have saved our marriage.
- How to Avoid Head-Tracked Spatial Audio for FaceTime Audio Calls
- Too Many Windows Open? Close Them All Quickly with These Tricks
- After “Mother of All Breaches,” Update Passwords on Compromised Sites
- Annoyed by Inline Predictive Text Suggestions? Here’s How to Turn Them Off