Don’t you hate fine print that’s too small to read comfortably? iOS 10 can turn your iPhone or iPad into a magnifying glass! Press the Home button three times quickly to bring up the Magnifier and then point the camera at what you want to see. The view is zoomed automatically, but you can change the zoom level with the slider, tap the flash icon to turn on the LED light (if one is available on your device), enable a filter to change the color or contrast, or lock the focus by tapping the lock icon. You can also freeze the image by tapping the big round Take Photo button, which is great for grabbing a picture of a tiny serial number on the back of some device (press that button again to resume using the Magnifier). Press the Home button to leave the Magnifier.
- How a single Siri command may have saved our marriage.
- How to Avoid Head-Tracked Spatial Audio for FaceTime Audio Calls
- Too Many Windows Open? Close Them All Quickly with These Tricks
- After “Mother of All Breaches,” Update Passwords on Compromised Sites
- Annoyed by Inline Predictive Text Suggestions? Here’s How to Turn Them Off