Don’t you hate fine print that’s too small to read comfortably? iOS 10 can turn your iPhone or iPad into a magnifying glass! Press the Home button three times quickly to bring up the Magnifier and then point the camera at what you want to see. The view is zoomed automatically, but you can change the zoom level with the slider, tap the flash icon to turn on the LED light (if one is available on your device), enable a filter to change the color or contrast, or lock the focus by tapping the lock icon. You can also freeze the image by tapping the big round Take Photo button, which is great for grabbing a picture of a tiny serial number on the back of some device (press that button again to resume using the Magnifier). Press the Home button to leave the Magnifier.
- In iOS 15, You Can Now Open an App from the Lock Screen
- iOS 15 Allows Rearranging and Deletion of Home Screen Pages
- Looking for a New Email Provider? Try These Services
- How to Stop Forgetting Your Apple Gear with “Notify When Left Behind”
- Print Mailing Labels for Your Holiday Cards with Apple’s Contacts App