You’ve long had text messages forwarding from your iPhone to your Mac and iPad, but after you get a new device, it might be a while before you realize that it’s not receiving texts sent to your iPhone. It turns out that, when you get a new Apple device, you must manually enable it to receive forwarded texts from your iPhone—the setting is off by default. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and flip the switches for the new devices.
- Don’t Worry about an Occasional “Not Charging” Message on Your MacBook
- Amazing New Tips for Rearranging Apps on Your iPhone or iPad
- Home Screen Widgets Take Center Stage in iOS 14
- What’s MDM, and Why Is It Useful for Organizations?
- Remember to Enable Text Message Forwarding When You Get a New Mac or iPad