Hello all, mac-fusion wants to play a game. It’s a geeky and slightly educational game at that. Each Monday at approximately 9am PST we will do a new blog post with either a picture or a video of mystery Mac parts. The contest will be live for 24 hours. We are looking for the most correct answer first to be deemed the winner and qualify for the prize. What do we mean by the “most correct answer first” you ask? Let’s say we post a picture of an iPod. The first reply of “iPod” is technically a correct answer but the answer of “iPod Nano 2nd Generation” covers it all and is the most accurate answer and therefore would be the winner and collect the prize. While some pictures will be easy enough that anyone can get it, others will probably need an intimate knowledge of the inside components.
Rules (you knew there had to be some, right?)
1. The only answers that qualify are ones left on the post itself in the comments. I don’t care if you tweeted it 2 seconds after it was posted, if it’s not in the blog post itself, it doesn’t count.
2. You can only win once in a 6 month period. We don’t want any techs taking away all the fun each week.
3. Employees of mac-fusion do not qualify.
4. No purchase necessary. This is just for fun but obviously VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
5. mac-fusion has the final say on who wins.
6. Weekly contest lasts as long as everyone is having fun. mac-fusion reserves the right to end weekly contest at any point.
7. There’s more rules and legal regulations, email us if you are hot to read mouse type.
Now that we’ve gotten that all out of the way, let’s get to the fun. So what’s the prize? Well it’s not much but it’s something. mac-fusion t-shirt or $10 iTunes gift card unless otherwise specified. Physical prizes limited to US and Canada only, winners from elsewhere will be sent a code for $10 iTunes credit via email.
Give us as much information as you can- make, model and where it was used is what we are looking for:
Good luck and have fun! Winner will be contacted tomorrow.
Update: Contest closed as of 9am PST March 15, 2011.
And we have a winner. I’m not going to say this was an easy choice as each of you had it partly correct. It is an ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB (PCI-Express) card out of mac-fusion’s very own first generation Mac Pro (August 2006). Joseph had the specs correct all except for the memory. Congratulations Joseph, we will contact you offline to see if you want one of our stunning mac-fusion t-shirts or $10 on iTunes. Thanks for playing and come back next week for another round of Mystery Mac Monday.